Since I play a lot of games on my iPhone and people ask me all the time for recommendations, I thought I’d occasionally post when I find a game that keeps me occupied for longer than usual. Many games I download and after 5 min I decide I’m done with them and others I play for longer but still don’t hold my interest. I’ll try to keep these recommendations to ones that I seem to get addicted to (even if briefly).
(Don’t worry, I’ll do games for other mobile platforms when I find them as well!)
This weekend my addiction is Tiny Wings:
You have always dreamed of flying – but your wings are tiny. Luckily the world is full of beautiful hills. Use the hills as jumps – slide down, flap your wings and fly! At least for a moment – until this annoying gravity brings you back down to earth. But the next hill is waiting for you already. Watch out for the night and fly as fast as you can. Otherwise flying will only be a dream once again.
It’s great one-button (or one-touch in this case) gameplay and does a great job of making you go “I can do better if I just try one more time…” — which is the mark of a great small game. It’s cheap @ $0.99 so give it a try. Oh…. and it dislodged Angry Birds atop the charts (at least for now).
- Review: Tiny Wings (bnbgaming.com)
- Blue Plate Special: Tiny Wings for iPhone/Touch (geardiary.com)
- Tiny Wings Surpasses Angry Birds To Become The Most Downloaded iPhone Game In UK (socialtimes.com)
- Tiny Wings Dislodges Angry Birds As The Top Paid App On The App Store (iphonehacks.com)
- Awesome New iPhone Game: Tiny Wings (geeksaresexy.net)
- ‘Angry Birds’ knocked from perch…by another bird (ingame.msnbc.msn.com)
- Tiny Wings May Be the Next Angry Birds, But Less Angry (appscout.com)